busymom9501 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:36pm
post #1 of

Does anyone have an R2D2 picture they can email me?? My mother in law wants me to make my brother in law an R2D2 cake for his birthday next week. I was going to do a FBCT but can't find a good picture!

OR, if anyone can give me directions on how to shape a sheet cake. I don't think out of the box very often and find it hard to improvise! ha.

4 replies
tbittner Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:39pm
post #2 of

I did an R2D2 cake, it is in my gallery. It is far from perfect but it might give you a start...
Also do a search in your web browser, it should give you tons of pictures! Have fun!
Tracy

chelleb1974 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:41pm
post #3 of

Here's another idea......what if you baked 3 or 4 small (4"???) cakes and stacked them up with a 1/2 ball on top and you would have a 3D R2D2.....

...just and idea....

~Chelle

cakenutz Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:43pm
post #4 of

Have you tried going to google-images? I've found almost everything I've needed there GL icon_smile.gif

georgiamom Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:58pm
post #5 of

I just did an R2D2 this week. It should be pretty easy to shape a 9x13 pan. There are directions for decorating the R2D2 pan here on CC, that may help some.

I just googled pictures of R2 and many of the ones I found were just head shots. The best picture came from a hasbro site, but the actual picture was chopped in pieces and I had to cut and paste quite a bit to put it all together.

There are some very good R2 cakes here in the galleries as well - some from the pan and some 3-D ones also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%