Need Ideas For A Thomas The Tank Cake Ontop Of 11 X 15 Slab

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 27 Sep 2005 , 2:59pm by thecakegirl

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 8

I have a Thomas cake going out next Saturday.The customer wanted the Wilton Thomas the tank cake...but I have to put ontop of an 11 x 15 slab to create the servings she needs.What else can I do with the slab other than just white.The Thomas will be decorated according to the wilton insert,however I wanted to do something more to tie the slab into the whole this so it looks like on big cake and not 2 seperate pieces.There is only a 1 and a half gap on all sides so I can make tracks or anything..Any ideas..Photos??

Thanks All!! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 8

Is Thomas 3D or flat?
If flat maybe a backround on the top like a tunnel or mountains, Like the train is driving across the cake. My son LOVES the blue whoo hoo(Thomas) I will find the web site where we play Thomas games. Maybe it will bring inspiration..
Did you change your avatar??I thought it was something else?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 8

http://www.hitentertainment.com/thomasandfriends/usa/games.html

This is the site my son and I play games on..Hope it helps.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 8

I would do it green with some clumps of grass (233), then a few yellow flowers (14 or 16) just to give it some interest. Maybe you can pipe tracks in front and behind (large basketweave tip), even if you don't do them on the sides.

Ali

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

Here is one that I did. The Thomas is stacked on top of an 11x15 sheet pan. I felt like there was not enough room to do a track so I just used MM's to decorate. The customer was very happy with it. You could do the grass idea...that would be cute too. icon_smile.gif
traci
LL

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Sep 2005 , 1:02am
post #6 of 8

How about piping some children's faces and some balloons around Thomas.

Traci, love your Thomas.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 8

You can lay track along the cake and do mountains along the side walls. You can view my photos for some ideas if you'd like.
Good luck!
Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%