Castle Cake?

Decorating By sweeterbug1977 Updated 3 Mar 2005 , 10:25am by flayvurdfun

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have directions for a "castle" cake? My neice wants a "princess" birthday party with a castle cake. I would really appreciate any suggestions and/or directions anyone may have. I have seen some of the pictures of castle cakes in the gallery, but have no idea as to where to begin to construct one on my own. Thanks.

3 replies
AimeeA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AimeeA Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

I just made one this past week. I felt like it took me all week as well. I made 4 9" square cakes. I used 2 for the base and 2 for the towers. I used a tomato sauce can to cut the circles out of the cake once it had been top iced and frozen for about 1 hour. the same can is what I used to cut the corners off of the castle base so that the towers would fit flush to the base. Then iced each piece individually and put together.

If I ever do another one I will put more support on the middle tower it was not very stable.

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 10:13am
post #3 of 4

I have templates & instructions for two castle cakes. One in fondant and the other in buttercream. PM your email address to me & I would be happy to send to you if you would like either or both.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 10:25am
post #4 of 4

did you see the castle cakes on here????? WOW!!!!!! I am sure yours will be fantastic too~!!!!! Would love to see what you come up with!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%