patton78 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:48pm
post #1 of

I just watched Duff on the show The View (10:40 CST). It was great, he was so funny. He made an awesome mug cake to resemble the mugs the women drink from every morning. You need to check it out at 10:00 if you are on the West Coast!

30 replies
cookiecreations Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:03pm
post #2 of

I watched it this morning, it was great! Duff was so funny with the ladies and that mug cake was amazing!! I like the quick demo he did of airbrushing cakes too!

mkerton Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:05pm
post #3 of

bummer I dont ever get to watch the view...but i would have liked to see Duff on there!

UGoCakes Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #4 of

I have been trying to TiVo Ace of Cakes but can not find it. What channel and time is it on. Thanks

CakesUnleashed Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:15pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGoCakes

I have been trying to TiVo Ace of Cakes but can not find it. What channel and time is it on. Thanks

Ace of Cakes is on Wednesday nights on the Food Network Channel. You will have to check your local listings for the time. It's the best FN show...ever!

chele Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:19pm
post #6 of

It is on Thursday nights here in NJ.

nefgaby Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:23pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGoCakes

I'm in FL also and it is Thursday nights at 10:30 pm on the food network.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:25pm
post #8 of

it's on Thursday nights here in AZ but not until 11:30 MST

oolala Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:27pm
post #9 of

Saw Ace of Cakes last night... thank God it was not a repeat.

I loved that Take Out Cake. Veyr nicely done. icon_smile.gif

cookiecreations Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:39pm

It's on here in MA on Thursday at 10:30 EST. That takeout cake was unbelievable!!! Does anyone have one of those clay gun / extruders??? The one Duff had was huge! icon_biggrin.gif

CakesUnleashed Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:25pm

I saw Duff on the View this morning but was a bit disappointed because Rosie wouldn't shut up long enough for Duff to explain about cake decorating. She kept butting in! But, he was so fun and very nice. The cake he made them was gorgeous! He always does nice work!

ShirleyW Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:39pm

I loved the bantering between Rosie and Duff. I didn't really see it as a "how to" show on decorating, but more as fun entertainment.

cookiecreations Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:49pm

It was disappointing that there was really no "how to" but I agree the bantering between Duff and Rose was hysterical. icon_lol.gif

CakesUnleashed Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:58pm

I did think it was funny when Duff's face turned bright red when Rosie was teasing him about how cute he is! But, I just felt that he was on the show to display how air brushing works and Rosie took over.

moydear77 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:59pm

This week it was on Wednesday and Thursday. Normally on Thursday.

ccr03 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:06pm

Okay, I'm disappointed. The one day I didn't watch it and I missed Duff! Urggh? Oh, well. I bet it was great!

patton78 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:41pm

I could not believe it when he said it took his crew (he said about 10 people) about 200 hours to make that Dog cake!! Amazing, no wonder these cakes are so expensive. The View is clearly not a "how to" show. I thought the bantering and jokes was much better than a 30 second how to airbrush when have been! Pure entertainment. icon_lol.gif

dldbrou Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:33am

I watch Duff's Ace of Cakes show, but refuse to watch The View as long as Rosie is on. She had her own show and now wants this one to be hers as well. Sorry if you are a Rosie fan, but she just gets under my skin.

NikkiDoc Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:49am

Rosie tweaks my nerves too! I love A of C and watch it every Wednesday night. They do really amazing stuff. Duff and Mary Alice are both very entertaining and funny. Duff looks like a teddy bear doesn't he?

yellowdog Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:51am

I have a question for all of you Ace of Cakes fans (I'm a fan too). I watch the decorators paint on the fondant and am wondering was kind of "paint" they are using and what kind of brushes. Any ideas? I have used a natural bristle artist brush and the hairs keep falling out. I also used Wilton's colors thinned with Lemon extract. Is that my problem? Thanks for the advice

NikkiDoc Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:55am

Today I went cake supply shopping at Michaels and they had a set of fondant painting brushes by Wilton. There are four different ones in the package I think. I went ahead and got them so that if I decided to try something I would already have them. I haven't heard about how they handle and if they are a good choice or not, I was just taking a chance. Does anyone know?

jenncowin Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:03am

I have a set of the Wilton brushes and when they get wet, the purple paint will peel of. Other than that, they work very nice. I use mine to paint luster dust.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:04am

Darn I missed it! icon_cry.gif

And I was trying to remember....but I didn't write it down. And I swear if I don't write things down....grrr....

nickymom Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:16am

Rosie gets under my skin too.....can't watch her even when I try. My mom recorded it for me though just so I can see Duff. LOL I'll get it from her tomorrow.

tinascakes Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:37am

I can't believe I missed it. I was debating this morning between The View and another show. I chose to watch the other one!!!

SweetResults Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:43pm

Does Rosie EVER shut up????

Why was she the one explaining to Barbara how to airbrush a cake - poor Duff couldn't get a word in!! I get that she adds controversy and sometimes has interesting things to say - but good lord if you have a professional on the show to show a technique - maybe she should let the professional do it and not try to take the spotlight ALL the time.

I used to like her and I keep trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't take her anymore.

I would have like to have heard how Duff would have explained airbrushing, not Rosie.

Missyleigh Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm

I think barbara walters acted like an idoit personally.

cookiecreations Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm

icon_lol.gif so true!!!

I agree! It would have been much better to hear Duff explain the airbrushing, he IS the professional after all. He was really funny on the show though, just awesome!

SweetResults Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:26pm

Missyleigh - I agree with you as well - the whole segment was just too goofy for me. Waste of time.

FuturamaFanatic Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:43pm

Two points.

1) NOW I know what you're all raving about!! I saw that segment and those cakes were unbelieveable!! I would love to be able to watch that show, but with no cable, no satelitte and just some bunny ears on the TV, my choices are vastly limited to public television. icon_cry.gif

2) Rosie totally overpowered that segment! I like her at times, but mostly she is loud and overbearing and I would have loved to hear more of what the guy had to say, rather than Rosie trying to show a bubbling blonde Barbra how to spray paint a cake. It seems like Barbra had never done any manual labour the way she was fretting and fussing about spraying herself. And the thing at the very very end where he asked them to write their names on the top of the mug cake, as the camera pulled away, Barbra is standing there with the overfilled piping bag in one hand with some scribbled blobs on the top of the cake with a look on her face that said "What in the world am I doing? I'm to rich and powerful to have to do anything. This is so humiliating, why couldn't someone else do this segment? Oh yeah, ratings, I don't hate Rosie, I don't hate Rosie, I don't hate ...............ugh, shoot me" (sorry, just my take on things)

Oh yea, and when he was explaining how the dog cake had a "copper skeleton" inside to hold the cake together Barbra stupidly asked "You can eat that?" Yes Barbra everyone needs their daily intake of copper. icon_confused.gif And then Rosie jumped in and explained that no, you don't eat the metal, just the cake.
Stupids.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%