How Many Cupcakes

Baking By Sheryn1 Updated 3 May 2015 , 4:29pm by Sheryn1

Sheryn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheryn1 Posted 3 May 2015 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am making cupcakes for my son's wedding and there will be approximately 150 people.  How many cupcakes should I make?  Thank you in advance!

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 May 2015 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 7

125% of confirmed rsvps.

Cakelove76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelove76 Posted 3 May 2015 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

It's typically two cupcakes per person. What size cupcakes are you going to make?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 May 2015 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 7

Will there be wedding cake served too?

Sheryn1 Posted 3 May 2015 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 7

They will be regular size cupcakes and I am also making just a 2 tier cake, the bottom one for cutting and the top one to save.  Do people still do that?  I was wondering about sheet cakes.  Does anyone still do that.  I guess I don't get out much!  I used to decorate cakes for people aloooooong time ago, but I want to do this for my son.  I am using Swiss Meringue for the cupcakes and was going to do that for the wedding cake.  Will that be OK?  I have to transport all of this about 1 1/2 hours on a Friday, and the wedding Saturday.  I am now getting nervous!

Cakelove76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelove76 Posted 3 May 2015 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Unless you have somewhere to keep the cupcakes cool, I would do a Swiss meringue.   How if you going to make a cake, how many cupcakes are you gonna make?

Sheryn1 Posted 3 May 2015 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 7

I figured I would need 200 cupcakes to be safe.  I wasn't really figuring the cake at all.  If someone wants some (which the brides mother will be eating-she has been a momzilla) cake, they can have it.  Initially they were only doing cupcakes, but mom (not me) wants a cake.  She doesn't like cupcakes.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%