Abbey's Sweet 16

Baking By RoyalDough Updated 3 May 2015 , 3:21pm by RoyalDough

RoyalDough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalDough Posted 1 May 2015 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 5

To all my cake Geniuses, I'm looking for someone in Orange County, Ca willing to donate a sweet 16th birthday cake (enough for 100 people) for Abbey Schemmer. Abbey has been battling brain cancer for 3 years and is turning 16. Her mom Pamela is my co-worker and Abbey's brain cancer treatments are $22,000 a month, so Pam is short on cash. Abbey wishes to have a candy buffet at her party. To make matters worse, Pam's 18 year old son Kenny was just diagnosed with colon cancer and will have to have a total colectomy early this month, Pam has not had time to plan Abbey's birthday. Abbey's favorite colors are Purple and Green and she loves Disney. if anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected].  Abbey's birthday is June 13. Thank you all and God Bless! Rachel

Royal Dough Cookie Favors's photo.
4 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 2 May 2015 , 10:57am
post #2 of 5

I'm on the east coast but want to bump this to the top.

RoyalDough Posted 2 May 2015 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you Jinkies! 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 3 May 2015 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 5

@RoyalDough...did you find anyone yet?

RoyalDough Posted 3 May 2015 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Jinkies, 

Yes, Thank you, we did. someone suggested "Icing Smiles" and they immediately responded. we also had a few people offer to pitch in for Abbey's dress.  Now we just need lots of prayers that Abbey lives long enough to be at her Sweet 16 birthday celebration.  No parent should ever have to bury their child, heart wrenching.

You know??? There is another way you can help if you like, do you know any elementary teachers in the East Coast? I'm also having local elementary schools send Happy Birthday wishes to Abbey, especially since this is her last birthday ever. If you know of any teachers willing to do this, that would be great, I will give you her mail address. She would feel so special receiving birthday cards from The East Coast!   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%