Red Velvet Cake Recipe...

Baking By Sabinaml1 Updated 3 May 2015 , 2:22am by craftybanana2

Sabinaml1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabinaml1 Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there, 

I really need some help with a cake I'm due to bake. It's a blue velvet wedding cake. 3 tiers, cake size is 6,8 & 10. Trying to find a recipe and finding it difficult. Should I use a red velvet one and change colour using blue and violet. I'm new re: converting recipe to cake pans. Would be great to have a recipe for a 6/8/10 cake...please help...

3 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 1 May 2015 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 4

First off, Red velvet is called "Red" because of the color. also, you don't need to make several threads.... not everyone who knows the answer to your question will be on all the time. Sometimes it can take a few days to get a response.You may have to experiment to get the color you want.

With cake pans, if you know how much batter your recipe makes, then look at this chart for how much batter per pan: http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-serving-guide.cfm. It's at least a place to start! :)

Sabinaml1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabinaml1 Posted 2 May 2015 , 10:16am
post #3 of 4

Perhaps, you could also fill me in on how to delete the threads. I uploaded by mistake! I couldn't find an option to delete the thread. 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 3 May 2015 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

I think that if you click on Actions--> Report Post you'll be able to say that it's a duplicate post and a mod will delete it. Sorry if I came across harsh on that, there have been posters who do that because they didn't get a response in 5 minutes.

I have seen blue red velvet cake mixes, not sure how much coloring they used though. By looking at the box, you'd think they used a gallon of blue! ha ha :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%