What Size Cake Tins

Baking By sprinkles1 Updated 1 May 2015 , 5:59pm by johnson6ofus

sprinkles1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprinkles1 Posted 1 May 2015 , 9:48am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone I'm only a beginner with making cakes I've not done anything for a while now and really wanted to do 2 tier birthday cake .No sure what size cake tins to use can anyone offer advice pls.

5 replies
sprinkles1 Posted 1 May 2015 , 10:03am
post #2 of 6

What's the best sugarpaste to work with.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2015 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 6

What size tine depends on how many people you want to serve.  Under 25 people use an 8" round and a 4 or 5"er.  You will have more than enough cake to serve about 30-35.

Another way to judge is how many servings the recipe you are using serves.  Most cake recipes (scratch or mix) serve about 20. 

A great recipe for you to cover with sugarpaste is my *original* WASC.                                      
http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/55801/the-original-wasc-cake  recipe  

AS shown in this  ^^  link it is a bit jumbles and hard to read.  I hope you can make it out.     

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2015 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 6

Found this link that shows the recipe better, along with some of the replies.  Read them also as much more info is there:  http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe      

sprinkles1 Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 6

Thankyou  for  your help.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 6

I cake vouch for the kakeladi recipe. :) awesome. Best part of her recipe is the stuff she wrote about flavoring. I LOVE her vanilla, almond, butter combo----THE BOMB!!!! I find the often recommended recipe has too much almond flavor and it over powers the cake. 

Her cake is a little "denser" than the others, so great for stacking and carving. Kudos to you Kakeladi, and good luck sprinkles!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%