Cake Pricing Calculator!

Business By marya92 Updated 1 May 2015 , 11:54pm by costumeczar

marya92 Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 6

I just found a website that has a cake pricing calculator and I thought some of you would appreciate it. Here's the link: http://bakecalc.com/

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 1 May 2015 , 12:34am
post #2 of 6

I think that if people use that they're going to fall over in horror to see how they're underpricing things. Especially if you add in ALL of your time, including answering phone calls and emails, shopping, paperwork etc.

Gingerlocks Posted 1 May 2015 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 6

I think that calculator should be auto-replied to every single pricing thread...here you go, do the math. 

cake_goddess Posted 1 May 2015 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Webake2gether Posted 1 May 2015 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for sharing the link. It's similar to how I was pricing myself by hand and calculator but actually seeing it layed out like that it's really awesome. Although we are not to the charging/public selling phase I still work out prices for everything we make for future reference. I also searched pricing  on CC and found very valuable info and made a base price sheet for quick reference and also to make it easier to figure in the cost of more custom work. Another baker in my area who has really come alongside us and wants to have a  friendly business relationship messaged us her price list so we would be comparible. She feels our work is of good quality and would like to be able refer clients to us as well when we are fully operating. So I've really done some work in the pricing department and I'm convinced that is most vital part of being successful. 

I do have a question and it may be an obvious answer lol but do you factor in time spent sketching and consulting into your final price? 

costumeczar Posted 1 May 2015 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 6

Quote by @Webake2gether on 7 hours ago

I do have a question and it may be an obvious answer lol but do you factor in time spent sketching and consulting into your final price? 

Yes. If it's time that you wouldn't have been doing what you're doing unless you were working on that job, it's charge-able.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%