Recipe Help!

Baking By JennyAlb Updated 28 Apr 2015 , 11:08pm by -K8memphis

JennyAlb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennyAlb Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have a customer who wants a three flavor cake....butter, almond and coconut rum, all in one cake...I can't find a recipe anywhere...any suggestions? I personally don't think it sounds very yummy but this is what the bride wants..

any help is appreciated ! Thanks,

jenny

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

i would use almond extract in the cake and butter in the icing and coconut rum in a simple syrup splash -- or if she means a butter cake you can flavor that with the almond and use the splash -- equal parts sugar & water cooked till the sugar dissolves then cool and add the coconut rum to taste then brush or squirt it onto the baked cake layers as you assemble & fill the tiers

JennyAlb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennyAlb Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the suggestions...if I use the splash..can it then be covered in butter cream?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 4

sure -- the splash soaks into the cake and gives a nice coconut rum vibe -- i would pick vanilla but almond will be good too -- you could up the coconut rumness with some flavored oils from lorann oils too -- be sure to follow the directions carefully -- they are concentrated -- that i would test in advance and put in the cake batter before baking -- or you could use that in the simple syrup too in place of the coconut rum -- or you could put it in the icing too -- or just in the filling --

zillions of pathways :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%