Three Tier Cake

Decorating By flawless1 Updated 28 Apr 2015 , 9:29pm by flawless1

flawless1 Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am new to baking and I am attempting to bake a baby shower cake for my sister. I tried to upload a picture of the cake but I kept getting an error; so I would have to describe the cake. The bottom layer is an 8 inch cake with two layers, the middle layer only has two medium sized fondant sized blocks that spell out the word baby and the top layer is a 6 inch cake with two layers.  Can someone please tell me what to do so the top layer and the middle layer with the blocks doesn't collapse on the bottom layer or should I just do nothing and stack the cakes on top of each other.

Thanks 

2 replies
rassi Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 3

Hello flawless!, try to use the dowel system, using six or eight dowels (or boba straws, cut to height of your cake and then dowels inside). This for your bottom tier. Then use five or six dowels for your second tier.  I always use a tall, sharpen dowel to stabilize all tiers, stacked in the middle of the third tier and push down, then cut to size.  You can find tutorials in youtube (how to stack cakes).  Good luck and post your pictures.

flawless1 Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your help Rassi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%