Please Check Out This Fb Bakery To See If Your Intellectual Property Is Here

Business By chasebrad Updated 30 Apr 2015 , 12:07am by carolynmaples

chasebrad Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 11

https://www.facebook.com/thecakemixbakery/timeline

I have found a new bakery in our area that is using other peoples intellectual property to promote their own business.  They are not giving credit to the original creator and many customers do not understand that these images are not the work of this bakery.  I hate to see customers expecting one thing and getting another, and I hate to see the hard work of honest bakers being stolen.  

Please check their gallery to see if your work has been stolen and report them on FB.  

10 replies
Jinkies Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 11

Wow, I've seen quite a few of those cakes on Pinterest.  

Gingerlocks Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 11

Wow I don't think she made any of those cakes..this is something that annoys me to no end. Why steal pictures? It's going to become blatantly obvious when they pick up the cake..and it looks nothing like that "work" of yours posted on your facebook page".  

reginaherrin Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 11

And she is taking pictures from so very prestigious bakers.  I found a couple of Maggie Austin cakes and other big bakery cakes.  It is easy to find out where they came from.  Just go to google images and upload the picture and it will give you all the places you can find the image.

jgifford Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 12:05am
post #5 of 11

She has one on there that is by Cupcake Envy.  What is she thinking?

chasebrad Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 12:12am
post #6 of 11

It is actually run by a man who does not know how to decorate.  He took over an existing business with a decorator and she quit only a few months in.  So now he's hiring part time help to cover for all the orders he's been taking.  I'm sure that's why he's using other people's pictures, because he has none of his own worthy of showing.  He doesn't have a very solid business plan, and he doesn't know cakes.  He used to have reviews enabled on his page, but has been getting 1 star reviews, so he removed them.  He will self destruct, but I know what it's like to have someone take your pictures and claim them as theirs, so I wanted to make my cake people aware!

Gingerlocks Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 12:18am
post #7 of 11

Fair enough; I'm all for naming and shaming the cake thief's. Just because he doesn't make beautiful cake it doesn't give him the right to steal the work of others. 

pastrypet Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 2:02am
post #8 of 11

Although cake designs are not copyright-protected, cake pictures are. Report the page to Facebook and they will likely take it down.

810whitechoc Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 10:14am
post #9 of 11

Richard Festen's modelling chocolate cake with chocolate roses is on there, it is a distinctive and easily recognisable photo, they're trying to pass it off as their own - really?!

costumeczar Posted 29 Apr 2015 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 11

Turn them in to facebook, but they might not be able to do anything unless you're the copyright holder. You can contact the owner of the pictures if you know who they are and let them handle it.

carolynmaples Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 12:07am
post #11 of 11

I just pointed out that they were posting fake photos on facebook and they deleted my comments and blocked me from commenting further. Clearly something malicious is going on. The newer photos I can't find on google searches but the photos from April 25th and earlier are clearly directly from pinterest. It looks like it's pretty difficult to actually report him for copyright infringement unless you hold the rights yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%