Modeling Chocolate

Baking By sweetobsesions Updated 30 Apr 2015 , 4:09am by sweetobsesions

sweetobsesions Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 6

Might sound dumb but I have never made modeling chocolate before & only worked with it once. Does anyone have a recipe they like? Anything I should know? I'm planning on covering rice Krispie treat shaped boxing gloves then cover in fondant. All advice appreciated. TIA!

5 replies
sweetobsesions Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 12:20am
post #2 of 6

Anyone have a recipe??

crumbcake Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

There are several recipes on YouTube .  Check,out Jessica Harris and Shawna McGreevy and the Modeling Chocolate Queen, Lauren Kitchens.  Lauren has a few classes on Craftsy that are great.

sweetobsesions Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 3:51am
post #4 of 6

Okay I'll check them out thanks!

810whitechoc Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:55am
post #5 of 6

If you are making your own modelling chocolate, the most important thing I can suggest is make sure your chocolate and whatever sugar medium you are using - I'm in Australia so you glucose, are warm only, not hot.  If your chocolate  is too hot it makes your modelling choc greasy and crumbly instead of nice and smooth.

sweetobsesions Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice! I made the chocolate yesterday, seems to be pretty good just hard again of course... one more question sorry!

How long should I wait between putting on the modeling chocolate & putting the fondant on? Does it matter? At this point I'm not sure if they will be able to eat them because I made them a few days ago & it's for the 2nd. I just want to know if I can put the chocolate on now & fondant on in a few days. TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%