4Th Of July Wedding: Help! Can I Freeze Cupcakes Several Weeks Ahead Fully Iced With Butter Cream?

Decorating By shejaneh Updated 29 Apr 2015 , 3:06pm by shejaneh

shejaneh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shejaneh Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 6

My granddaughter is being married on the 4th of July.  Her theme is informal barbeque using the red, white and blue colors.  She wants a simple cake with a flag motif inside.  I have the instructions for this, and think I can do it.  The instructions are for an 8" cake, which is okay as I will make cupcakes for most of the guests.  I would like to make the cupcakes several days ahead and freeze them fully decorated.  How practical is this?

5 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 6

How are you decorating the cupcakes?  If it's a simple swirl I would freeze all the cupcakes unfrosted days ahead (so you can pack them in more efficiently in the freezer) and then the day before in an assembly line frost away in their boxes and then seal them up airtight for the wedding.  Under the bed plastic boxes would work great for this purpose depending on how many you need to make.

shejaneh Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much for your input!  The cupcakes are just swirled red, white and blue, so very easy.  I am concerned about finishing the cake and cupcakes at the same time.  I guess I may have to get a neighbor or two to help.  Thanks for taking the time of answer.  

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 6

Ditto to Pastrybaglady's answer.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 6

You could freeze them fully decorated as well depending on the number of cupcakes and your freezer space.

shejaneh Posted 29 Apr 2015 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.  I will try freezing a couple this week and see how they hold up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%