Frosting Help!

Baking By k1mber1ndarella Updated 27 Apr 2015 , 1:24pm by leah_s

k1mber1ndarella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k1mber1ndarella Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 8:54am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to make cupcakes and a small cake for a friends upcoming wedding. The wedding is in august, (Seattle) so 50/50 on it being raining or nice out. Am having the couple over this next week for tasting, but am still looking for that perfect cream cheese frosting that pipes into beautiful stiff peaks, and won't melt into a puddle, does anyone have a tasty recipe they could share with me? 

I had been thinking of making a smbc cream cheese frosting, but wasn't sure if or how well that would hold up..? any advice on what kind of frosting I should use is appreciated. :)

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 3

you need to make it in your area when it's all rainy and 110% humidity and see how it does for you -- you could always use it for filling the cake -- and either use a shelf stable icing or you have to keep it refrigerated 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

Honestly, I'd use the cream cheese icing (look for a shelf stable version) and use a traditional, stable bc on the outside.  Cream Cheese icing is always fairly soft and presents its own list of issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%