Decorating By aluvs2bake Updated 27 Apr 2015 , 4:52am by julia1812

aluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aluvs2bake Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 2:33am
post #1 of 4
3 replies
aluvs2bake Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 2:42am
post #2 of 4

Okay, I do not see my post and something went wrong when I tried to create it.  Lets try again:

aluvs2bake Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 2:57am
post #3 of 4

I think it is the pics I tried to add, so here I go again.  I linked the images below.  Third times the charm, hopefully!

The bride likes the looks of cake #1, but wants the frosting to look like cake #2.  She sent me the rope and some burlap ribbon, since she liked the ribbon idea for around the cake as well.  I also received some fake flowers made from music paper for the cake topper.  The cake will be 3 tiers with the bottom two being fake.  I can put the ribbon or the rope on the bottom two, but I will not put burlap on the edible top tier.  Is there a way to make hemp rope food safe?  Also would it look weird to just do the ribbon on the bottom 2 tiers and not the top?  What are your thoughts.  Thank you!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 4:52am
post #4 of 4

I'm not sure if it is my phone or your link, but I see the same cake picture in both links... Anyway, talking of ribbons, I'm to much ocd to not use it on all three tiers. I love symmetry etc. Don't know how to make burlap food safe either. Guess you wash it in Dettol or something like that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%