Contest - Get An Award Winning Bakery For A Good Essay And Entry Fee

Business By RoyalTreatz Updated 30 Apr 2015 , 3:54pm by -K8memphis

RoyalTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalTreatz Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 11

OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME! 

I just thought that you all might want to know, or know someone that does,

Royal Treatz is awarding / GIVING their bakery to someone who really wants/deserves it.  

Go to the website www.RoyalTreatz.com  or go to the facebook page www.facebook.com/royaltreatzcontest to find out more.  

Please share it among your community so anyone that wants to take a shot at it can.  I am sure there are MANY in the community that would love to own their own bakery.

Contest Stared April 23.  Ends August 23.  Then voting begins for final 10

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 11

how cool!

first of all -- i hope your health begins improving immediately and sorry you are going through this -- my brother's bp was like yours and he's changed his life style completely including a dramatic weight loss and his bp is under control now although he's not changed his employment -- best wishes to you for regaining/obtaining a great and wonderful measure of health --

i looked things over and i have a question please -- with all due respect -- just a straight inquiry -- what kind of information about the business is available in advance of entering? to show it is a happy viable unburdened business -- i've been burnt more than once with business deals gone sour for one reason or another so i am just curious as to what condition the bakery is in financially, legally, etc. 

thank you,

kate k

RoyalTreatz Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 11

Hi Kate,  The business is fine.  No debts. No legal Problems.  I don't know if you read all the info on the website (when you click to enter contest - it has info on the business.) Royal Treatz was in the process of Franchising when I started having the health problems.  I had to stop the process but the New owner/s can take it to the new levels. 

And Thank you for the well wishes.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 11

i did read -- i think it's #10 that covers the no taxes owed and no liens, etc. -- just wanted to ask like i said -- also curious as to the other financials but whoever wins can go over this before they accept?

there's a bed & breakfast in the northeast somewhere that is changing hands the same way -- whoever writes the best essay and pays the entry fee -- such a novel way to move on --

again -- i can only imagine how difficult it is for you to have to come to this decision and i'm so glad you are able to really concentrate on your health -- it's all we've really got -- best of the best of the best to you -- onward and upward -- hope you've got someone else to steer the ship during wedding season -- anyhow -- 

best of the best of the best to you 

sdcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdcupcakes Posted 26 Apr 2015 , 12:38am
post #5 of 11

Hi Royal Treatz,

Let me first say that I think that this would be a great opportunity for anyone and I am sorry you are not in great health.  I appreciate how much effort it takes to take a dream and make it reality.  I have been working hard to create new recipes and build up a customer base of my own.  I would want a business I took over to fall in line with what my goals have been as well.  If you don't mind answering, I have a few questions that I couldn't tell from your website/facebook.

Are you a scratch bakery?  Shortening or butter? What type of frosting do you like to use?

I think most on this forum have their firm beliefs either way on these issues and I think anyone considering this opportunity would want to know this information first.

Thank you and I wish you the best :)

pennyemer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennyemer Posted 26 Apr 2015 , 12:56am
post #6 of 11

What a great opportunity! Too bad it is not in my state!! I hope all goes well with your health and this contest. If you would ever like to share some of your special recipes I would love a few!!!

RoyalTreatz Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 11

Hi SDCUPCAKES - 

Thank you for your well wishes.  I must say this website has some VERY kind people. I posted on another website and the NEGATIVE people are so stressful to deal with. Someone said they thought this was "FISHY".  It's so sad the amount of people that are jaded because of the negative things the internet has brought.  Common sense would tell you I have a Business I have built up and HOW could I even have a contest like this with all my customers and facebook followers.  I would lose everyone for being a fraud, not to mention the legal reprecussions. AND the fact that the money would be returned if it doesn't reach the 500 entry mark)  Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on....Anyway, Yes we do cook scratch BUT we also have recipes that we use a mix and Dr. it up. The reason for this is...When we first opened we used some of my Aunts Recipes.  We had to fill up more spaces in a hurry so one of my bakers (from Le Cordon Blu) brought in some boxed mixes and Dr'd them up.  The customers LOVED them and we used them for a while.  Then we had interns come in and we had more help so we switched them to scratch.  NO ONE liked the new recipes.  We used the scratch for about a month and everyone kept telling us to go back to the other recipe, so we did.  We have the same 20 cupcakes everyday (our classics) and about 5 are from box.  You gotta make the people buying happy.  And to tell you the truth besides our RED VELVET (which is scratch) those 5 are our most popular.  2 of them are my favorite cupcakes.  As far as butter or shortening....We use Both.  In the economics of it shortening is much more profitable but some cupcakes just need the butter in the buttercream.  For the Red Velvet, we use Cream Cheese frosting.

Of course baking at home is MUCH MUCH different than running a commercial bakery.  PLUS - most of  our business comes from Custom Cakes.  Once we do a cake for someone, they are hooked and they come back for all their cakes.  We also get many new customers from people that attend the parties.  Another thing we are known for is that our cakes TASTE GREAT.  So many people say that they have seen beautiful cakes but the were dry or didn't taste good at all.

Anyone that comes in can take over and do what ever they want, that's just how we did it.  Also the franchising opportunity is AMAZING.  The growth with the business is endless. 

RoyalTreatz Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 1:23pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks to you too Pennyemer.

sdcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdcupcakes Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you RoyalTreatz for the honest answers...it is much appreciated :)

-K8memphis Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 3:54pm
post #11 of 11

y'know this is just fascinating to watch happen i gotta make it a point to check your fb page every day

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%