Business 2 Business Sales!

Business By sapphirecupcake Updated 24 Apr 2015 , 10:03pm by johnson6ofus

sapphirecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sapphirecupcake Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hello.

I would be ever so grateful if I could get some advice please.

I have been approached to supply cupcakes to a themed party day. Normally I go along myself and sell the cakes from anything to £1.25- £2.00, location dependant.

On this occasion, I have been asked to just supply the cakes, and the venue themselves will be responsible for them.

Roughly what sort of price should I be charging them? We are looking at numbers circa 250+.

I don't want to undercut myself, but at the same time, I don't want to come across as too expensive. I am making a simple classic vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting and a wafer decoration adhered to a round fondant disk.

Any advice would be greatly  appreciated.

Thanks x 

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 7

if you went into a nice bake shop how much would you expect to pay for the same item? multiply that by 250 and that's your answer --

best to you

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 7

Are we talking about wholesale right?

90% of my business if wholesale, to hotels, grocery stores and cofffee shops.

When I sell desserts to hotels or restaurant, the price they are willing to pay if between $2 and $3 per slice.

For example, I sell a chocolate mousse cake (one layer of choco cake, choco mousse and choco ganache on top, 2" tall), 10" precut in 14 slices for $37. To make my wholesale price list, I double my costs (ingredients and labor).

Anyways, I provide desserts every week. Is there any chances you can be their supplier?

Hope it helps

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 7

a themed party day sounded like one of to me not a continual -- idk

sapphirecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sapphirecupcake Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 7

its just for ONE day, no regular supplies... sadly lol x

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 7

For one day only... regular price... 

You will still have the same time and supplies involved as you would any other order for that day...

They do not and will not have a standing repeat order, so no repeat business to consider making a profit from either...

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 7

But do consider that YOU don't have to stand there and sell them and you don't have any waste/ left overs. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%