Need Help With A Cake Fountain

Decorating By tbelk30 Updated 24 Apr 2015 , 2:43pm by -K8memphis

tbelk30 Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 12:38am
post #1 of 5

I hope everyone is doing well this week. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a fountain on top of 2 tiers and then stack three on top of it. I am not sure how to post photos on here. But hope fully you understand what I am asking. T

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:43am
post #2 of 5

I've seen it done prepared for the fountain to spray/sprinkle water on the cake it sits on and cause icing problems :(  That;s why you almost always see the fountain on a plastic cake plate.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

true, as kakeladi wisely advises they can spit -- but if you can control that you can put it in there -- maybe even only use a few of the tiers of the fountain so it's shorter -- i've done it before

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

yes but the cake underneath couldn't be much smaller than a 12" maybe a 14" -- haven't worked with a fountain in some time but it needs to be a pretty large cake too --

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 5

the cake underneath the fountain i mean -- unless you get a random fountain not especially designed for a cake but that's scary too because who knows what kind of debris field is being spewed out with the various water drops y'know? the inner workings of the fountain would not be food safe so that's really not a good idea --

Quote by @%username% on %date%