Edible Printer

Decorating By MarcellaP Updated 11 Jun 2015 , 6:20pm by Rae-Anne

MarcellaP Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 12:09am
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Canon MG 5620 yesterday on sale. I was going to use it as an edible printer. Today I made a call to someone from California, (I'm from Canada) and he said that in his opinion and in all his years in the edible supply business they have come to the conclusion that the best type of printer regardless if it's Canon, Epson, or HP it should be a top loader instead of a bottom loader. Everything he said made sense. "After extensive tests, we  have determined that these Canon models are not suitable for edible printing because of their new printer(Bottom Loading) design. Here is an illustration of how the new Canon Printers works and why they are not recommended for edible printing. They could cause problems such as cracking your edible paper, jamming your printer gears when printing small circles, accumulate dust on to your edible paper and in worst case scenarios, ruin your printer beyond repair."

It goes on to show a diagram but I can't print it here.

So I went and returned my printer that I bought but am having problems finding a top loading one. 

What are your opinions please and thank you.

1 reply
Rae-Anne Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 2

I had this query as well, i called Icing Images, because that´s where i purchase my paper and they assured me that they are usable. The only website i saw that said they weren´t was Edible Supply

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%