Sugar Lace

Decorating By ninatat Updated 12 May 2015 , 4:46pm by TheresaCarol

ninatat Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, does anyone have a recipe for sugar lace, just wondering if anyone has made their own. Thank you 

4 replies
SandraDee73 Posted 11 May 2015 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 5

I tried this recipe last week. I've never worked with a lace mold or anything like SugarVeil before. Mine came out SUPER thick (followed the directions to the letter) and I had to water it down quite a bit just to get it to spread. I popped it into the oven to have it set faster. It came out either too brittle or too sticky. I kept a sharp eye on it every time it went into the oven. The lace had to be put around the cake in pieces. :-( Luckily it was a birthday cake for my mom and wasn't too terrible. I think I may try either one of the brand name out there or a different recipe. Not sure if I can post a link to the picture here, but I'll put it in the gallery. 

Jedi Knight Posted 11 May 2015 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 5

I've tried just about every lace product on the market, and I think the best one is Cake Lace by Claire Bowman. 

Easy to use, stays flexible, lots of colours and metallics.

I've tried many different lace mats and the Cake Lace ones are far superior to any others. The patterns are very well-thought out to minimise breakages, and maximise ease of use.

No, I am not affiliated with Claire Bowman in any way.

TheresaCarol Posted 12 May 2015 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 5

I must agree with JediKnight.  I have tried Cake Lace, Sugarveil, SugarDress and Edible Wonder and have found the Cake Lace to supercede all the aforementioned.  It is well worth the extra cost.  I have used the Cake Lace in several other mats and have had no problems at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%