Completely Terrified!

Decorating By paulaab1993 Updated 23 Apr 2015 , 10:27pm by paulaab1993

paulaab1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulaab1993 Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi guys, i need your help! I have to make a three tiered wedding cake for saturday, the wedding is going to be like 3 hours far from where i live, but the groom and the bride are traveling on friday morning, so the cake will have to travel too. Its very delicated and i can't do the deliver! What should i do? I was thinking about send the cake already tiered, covered and with the gum paste accessories already assembled, and send the flowers, which is the most delicate part of the cake on a box, so they can assemble them on saturday. It's this ok? Should they keep the cake in the fridge with the gum paste accessories on? If i assemble the flowers before they travel, will they melt or get broken? Thanks i really appreciate your help!

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 3

Send the flowers separately, and make sure that they're packed well with a of of padding in the box. Put the cake in the refrigerator overnight before sending it with them, and box that up well too, and it should be fine. It's when you try to move a room temperature cake that you get into trouble, but if it's cold it will be firmer and it won't shift around.

paulaab1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulaab1993 Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I'm really nervious about it, i tried not no make false walls with buttercream because im afraid it will melt during the travel and make fondant fall! Im hoping everithing goes ok with the cake tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%