Please Help With Isomalt

Sugar Work By Raylyn Updated 27 Apr 2015 , 8:50pm by josh1

Raylyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raylyn Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 5

Tried using isomalt to make ice cubes and it always yellows.  I used distilled water, stainless steel pot, silicone spatula, or stainless steel spoon.  I did everything I thought I was supposed to do.  Directions sId to cook at medium heat.  After cooking on the stove for one hour it still had not reached the temp it was supposed to and it started turning yellow.  Is the heat not high enough?  How long do you usually have to cook isomalt?

4 replies
josh1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josh1 Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 11:48am
post #2 of 5

Hello Raylyn,

Best quality Isomalt ST-M  

When it's get yellow the cooking time is far to long en it's to hot. Or you have just it before voor something else?

You can cook Isomalt on gas, electricity and induction. The best thing is in a copper pan or a pan with a thick bottem for gas or a special pan for induction.

If you cook isomalt for casting cook it to 175 too get 180 Celsius not higher. Let it cool down don't stir en poor by 140 Celsius.

Remove the gas, elec or induction off by about 175 degrees Celsius because it heats a little longer Do not immerse in cold water. Only do that  when you've cooked at 180 degrees.
Always use the same materials for sugarwork

You can cook it slow or fast it's up to you.

Don't add water by Isomalt.

It is important to always use the same pan for sugarwork.

Example 1 kg do 250 grams in a pan let it melt then add yet another 250 isomalt so far that you've added everything and bring it up to temperature. You don't have to stir.

Just add a little water when used the same mass more often.

I hope that you will get it right.

Jos

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

wow josh, what beautiful brilliant sugar work you do -- gorgeous jaw dropping vignettes, stunning creatures, lovely florals and wow awesome workmanship -- 

thank you

Raylyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raylyn Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 5

Josh.  Thanks for the info, I will try again.

josh1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josh1 Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 5

Raylyn  i say: Go for it and if you have any questions let me know

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%