Cake Rising Problem

Baking By Hassan01 Updated 24 Apr 2015 , 1:38pm by -K8memphis

Hassan01 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 5

I have been baking since a very long time ago, and I have always had some troubles because my oven wasn't a very efficient one, but recently I have bought a new one and things are going much better.

My problem is about the rise of the cake, I know that I'm adding the exact amount of baking powder needed, and the cake does rise to quite a good level, but what happens is a few minutes after getting the cake out of the oven, the center's level decreases a little, and the sides go down and the cake ends up looking as some kind of slope cake.

This happens with the different types of cake I'm making, and I would love to know what is that I'm doing wrong.

4 replies
GoWildCakes Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 5

Do you use baking strips on the outside of your cake pans?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360875112790?lpid=82&chn=ps

On larger that 8" pans I also use a rose nail or baking core.  Both will get you a more even rise.  Maybe help with the settling you seem to be experiencing.

Also I bake all my cakes and cupcakes at 325 instead of the usual 350. 

Hassan01 Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 5

I never used a baking strip before, I might consider buying one.  Thanks for suggesting that. :)

cake-o-holic Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 5

Quote by @GoWildCakes on 1 day ago

Do you use baking strips on the outside of your cake pans?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360875112790?lpid=82&chn=ps

On larger that 8" pans I also use a rose nail or baking core.  Both will get you a more even rise.  Maybe help with the settling you seem to be experiencing.

Also I bake all my cakes and cupcakes at 325 instead of the usual 350. 

Baking at 325, regardless of Pan size?  Hmmm...i wonder if i should do that.  Mostly  because i find the top part kinda gets hard.  I do use baking strips..never bake without them.  Gonna try the 325 thing.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 5

try using a little bit less batter in the pan -- if these are these all scratch cakes you might need to regroup on some new recipes -- and if the top gets hard you might be over baking --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%