Pictures For Cake

Decorating By sloopy53 Updated 22 Apr 2015 , 5:43am by malou1021

sloopy53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sloopy53 Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 11

I am going to be doing my niece's graduation cake and will be getting Publix to scan two of her pictures onto sugar sheets for the top of the cake.  Can anyone tell me how long these sheets will last?  Don't want to get them done too early, but don't want to wait until last minute either.  Did this on nephew's cake and had to go to several places to get pictures made as machines were not working.  Thanks!

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 2:49am
post #2 of 11

You have a very limited window of time using sugar sheets :(  I would get them done no more than 2 days ahead of placing them on a cake. 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 3:21am
post #3 of 11

I had no idea that Publix could scan pictures onto sugar sheets. I will have to call the Publix here and see if they will do that for me. So how much are they charging you for doing this?  Thanks for the information!!

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 3:25am
post #4 of 11

Make sure to put them in a flat airtight sealed baggie until you are ready to use them, even if you get them just a couple days ahead of time. 

sloopy53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sloopy53 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 11

When I had them done in Atlanta area, they were about $8.00 a sheet.  Don't know what they will be here in South Georgia. 

cait1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cait1219 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 11

I've been doing some research on Edible Images since I need to get one as well.  You can order them on Etsy as well but a lot of the vendors on there say that sealed in the bag they're good for up to 6 months?!  Now I'm wondering how accurate that is.  How far in advance has anyone else gotten them?

hamtrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamtrina Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 1:31pm
post #7 of 11

Ive gotten mine 4-6 months ahead of time on ebay and left them in a flat sealed air tight bag and never had an issue.

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 11

I have some leftovers which were done for me the better part of a year ago and they look fine still.  They taste fine too (I have a weakness for them!) so I have nibbled the leftovers although I'm not sure I would put them on a customer cake!

alexius007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexius007 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 11

The farthest out in advance I've bought mine is about 3 months.  Usually I order a month in advance.  I've never had a problem with them.  They always arrive in an airtight bag and I keep them in that until ready to use.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 3:39pm
post #10 of 11

YES what dm321 said.....

malou1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malou1021 Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 5:43am
post #11 of 11

This whole time I have been driving across town to a cake shop to get theme printed and I just decided to see if publix offered that service the other and sure enough they do and cheaper. They are only 3 miles from house. Yay! Oh btw, I have some left over images from over a year ago that still is fine. I've kept them sealed up in a plastic bag and in a large envelope. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%