Wedding Cake

Decorating By Csparkes2012 Updated 21 Apr 2015 , 3:34pm by Csparkes2012

Csparkes2012 Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I have been asked to decorate the wedding cake below for her wedding this July...I'm not quite sure how I would go about making the ruffled look with buttercream icing...If anyone knows how I can go about doing this, what tip would I use??,  please let me know...She doesn't want any fondant just buttercream icing...Please help :)


https://s-mThis desert wedding featured a gorgeous modern cake! Photo by Gideon Studiosedia-cache-

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 6

i would use a 124 or larger -- find the best rose tube for you

-K8memphis Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

and don't be timid to fashion a tube to your liking -- stick a knife in there and re-shape as/if needed -- say you had a rose tube that produced the correct width piping for you but was too thick -- smash it a bit to thin it out -- or stretch the icing out more  -- or if you had a  basket weave tube but it was too blunt -- pound it out a bit on one side

cakeemewithyou Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 6

Take your 124 tip and make it as straight as possible. Work from top to bottom! Happy piping! :)

costumeczar Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 6

It's not going to look the same with buttercream, though, make sure that the bride knows that.

Csparkes2012 Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

I was thinking a rose tip, but I don't think that it will look the same with buttercream...Thanks for the help :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%