Can't Decide.

Decorating By felicarenee Updated 17 Apr 2015 , 6:28pm by -K8memphis

felicarenee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
felicarenee Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all!!  I JUST joined CC today.  I can't believe it took me this long to find CC and join.  I am so in love with the site already.

I am going to be doing a half sheet cake for a 2 year old's birthday party for NEXT weekend.  The theme is Elmo and I have a picture of what they'd like the cake to look like here, and they are wanting it to be frosting instead of fondant and even though I plan to use fondant for some of the decorations, I can't decide if I want to make the polka dots with BC or use fondant for those.  I also plan to use the pearl sixlets for a faux piping border. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced everyone! :)

3 replies
 Cakecrazy25  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakecrazy25 Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 4

I would do fondant dots or butter cream transfer dots to get the flat effect.  If your trying to save time fondant may be the easiest. 

k3lli3n  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k3lli3n Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 4

I would make fondant circles as well. You won't have to worry about adding all those colors to your buttercream, and it's faster

Kellien

-K8memphis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 4

that's interesting -- i would do buttercream because it is easier to color the icing, saves your hands from kneading -- just pipe a dot or swirl (of american buttercream) and flatten it with a paper towel or a brand new and uber clean smooth weave towel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%