Can't Decide.

Decorating By felicarenee Updated 17 Apr 2015 , 6:28pm by -K8memphis

felicarenee Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all!!  I JUST joined CC today.  I can't believe it took me this long to find CC and join.  I am so in love with the site already.

I am going to be doing a half sheet cake for a 2 year old's birthday party for NEXT weekend.  The theme is Elmo and I have a picture of what they'd like the cake to look like here, and they are wanting it to be frosting instead of fondant and even though I plan to use fondant for some of the decorations, I can't decide if I want to make the polka dots with BC or use fondant for those.  I also plan to use the pearl sixlets for a faux piping border. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced everyone! :)

3 replies
Cakecrazy25 Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 4

I would do fondant dots or butter cream transfer dots to get the flat effect.  If your trying to save time fondant may be the easiest. 

k3lli3n Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 4

I would make fondant circles as well. You won't have to worry about adding all those colors to your buttercream, and it's faster

Kellien

-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 4

that's interesting -- i would do buttercream because it is easier to color the icing, saves your hands from kneading -- just pipe a dot or swirl (of american buttercream) and flatten it with a paper towel or a brand new and uber clean smooth weave towel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%