How Do You Make Realistic Eyes??

Decorating By Marina Updated 17 Apr 2015 , 9:14pm by Marina

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a Mac & Me cake (a knock off of ET).  His eyes look human.  Does anyone know how to make eyes like his??  I'm trying to attach photo, but I can't figure out this new format...

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 9

are you doing a picture or a figurine or a sculpture and using what mediums 

Marina Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 9

The cake will be a sculpted face of Mac.  Using fondant.  Do you know how to attach a pic so I can show you what she wants?

-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 9

click on 'gallery' up there and "add a photo" to your gallery and post the link -- some have been able to copy & paste the photo after it's in the gallery -- or post a link to it anywhere online already -- 

-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 9

i would do his skin with modeling chocolate which is so much more forgiving than fondant -- you can remove all traces of say for example adding on the eye lid after you finish the eye -- you can remove the seam with the heat of your fingertips --

i would make the white part of his eye and -- i would test this first and make sure it all worked but i would get all the right underlying colors onto his eye then paint his eye with piping gel to get that glassy look and the light brown color i'd try that in piping gel too but y'know you'd want to have the black already down in there and the light brown color too underneath -- but i would use piping gel and then be ready to smooth out the piping lines with a small spatula -- do all that before you put on the rest of his face

that's my first thoughts on that

-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 9

idk -- maybe his eye color is blue or hazel or i really can't tell

-K8memphis Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 9

idk -- maybe his eye color is blue or hazel or i really can't tell

Marina Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 9:14pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much! I will try modeling chocolate and your suggestion on the eyeballs!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%