I Need Help Im New In Usa And I Dont Know Where I Can Find Some Things Help

Baking By YaniraPeru Updated 3 May 2015 , 4:42am by YaniraPeru

YaniraPeru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YaniraPeru Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 1:14am
post #1 of 4

Hi im from Perú , i live in connecticut now i want  some ingredients but the people tell me they arent in the stores or super market, i have to buy this ingredients online yeah? but i dont know where or how? whats the best market online and ecomic ? and where i can buy molds and other things please!! help! 

Hojaldre butter 

Ingredients for make Fondant

Heavy cream 

Where i can buy flour for volume ? 

PLEASE HELP!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 3:55am
post #2 of 4

flour and sugar in 25 or 50 pound bags can be purchased from restaurant Depot, Dawn Foods, BakeMark, GFS.

Molds probably online.  Every supplier carries something different.

Never heard of the butter.  Is that a brand name?

Heavy cream is at the grocery.

Fondant ingredients are at the grocery or a neighborhood cake supplies shop.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 4

Hojaldre butter. Here you buy BUTTER, which is heavy cream beat to make a yellow dairy product. OR, are you referring to the sheets of dough? Which we call "PUFF PASTRY". That is bought is regular grocery stores, near the frozen pies. If you buy a larger quantity, then people  buy from Sam's Club, Costco, Bjs, Smart and Final, Restaurant Depot, Dawn Foods, Gordons Food Supply. 

What fondant ingredients? Many are available in regular grocery stores, or in larger quantities at the stores I listed above. 

Heavy cream is sometimes labeled "whipping cream" and is near the milk, refrigerated.  Available in regular grocery stores, or in larger quantities at the stores I listed above. 

Flour, in 50 pound sacks is from the store list above as well. 

Molds? Silicone for fondant, clear plastic for chocolate? Many on Ebay and many from local craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnns) and from specialty cake stores on line and in store. 

Welcome to the USA!

YaniraPeru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YaniraPeru Posted 3 May 2015 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

thanks so much!!!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%