Cannon Mg5320 Will Not Print Any Black Ink

Decorating By craftycakes0627 Updated 15 Apr 2015 , 12:31pm by KsCakes09

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 3:26am
post #1 of 3

Hi!  and HELP!!!!  My Cannon MG5320 won't print any black ink.  It prints all the other colors just fine but no black.  I have replaced the ink cartridges and cleaned the print head using hot water to steam out everything as suggested previously by KopyCake.  

Still no black ink.  When I take the print head out, I can see that both black in wells on the head are pooled with ink.  Its like the ink can;t get into the print head.  I ran a print head alignment and a nozzle check.  Nozzle check shows no clogged nozzles.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so were you able to get it to work again and how?

Thanks! 

Melissa

2 replies
KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 3

I have the same problem but I have a Canon mp620. I don't use my printer that often so I assumed it was just clogged up. I did all the things you did and nothing changed...i finally tried soaking the print head with a paper towel soaked with airbrush cleaner for a whole day (found suggestion online) fold up a paper towel a few times put in small bowl and soak it with cleaner, put print head on top of paper towel a put a little pressure and you should see some color come back through the wells.  Let it sit for a  few hours and repeat. And finally I could see some black ink coming through on the paper towel. Hope that helps.

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 15 Apr 2015 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 3

I have the same problem but I have a Canon mp620. I don't use my printer that often so I assumed it was just clogged up. I did all the things you did and nothing changed...i finally tried soaking the print head with a paper towel soaked with airbrush cleaner for a whole day (found suggestion online) fold up a paper towel a few times put in small bowl and soak it with cleaner, put print head on top of paper towel a put a little pressure and you should see some color come back through the wells.  Let it sit for a  few hours and repeat. And finally I could see some black ink coming through on the paper towel. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%