That Moment When...

Lounge By cakeemewithyou Updated 29 Apr 2015 , 1:49pm by Frank68

cakeemewithyou Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

That moment when a cousin on your husband's side of the family is getting married. You know your Grandma Sue is going to pay for the cake so there is no need to be cheap and they go out of their way to find someone else to make the most SIMPLE cake/cupcakes...then you watch said cake lady set up her cake 3-4 hours before the wedding...then when it comes time to cut said cake, they ask YOU to cut it. "You're the cake expert! You cut it!" ...UM I'M SORRY!? Let's not forget, YOU DIDN'T PURCHASE YOUR CAKE FROM ME SWEETHEART.

That's what the southern sass in me wanted to say...lol

I cut another woman's cake and served it at their wedding with the biggest most gleeful fake smile I've ever given.

That moment when you take a bite and it tastes like Jiffy and Crisco with heavy whip on top. *Cries tears of laughter*

That will teach you!

*side note: Drunk Grandma Sue tasted a piece of cake and said, "I paid for this s***!??" BAHAHAH

6 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 7

Grandma sounds like a hoot!

virago Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 7

Funny Laughing emoticon (Laughing Emoticons)          Eating cake emoticon (Eating smileys)Vomit emoticon (Funny Emoticons set)not-available.gifnot-available.gif not-available.gif         Crying with laughter emoticon (Laughing Emoticons)

MBalaska Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 7

Well, bless their little hearts.  Live & learn right.  This is actually sad on two levels.  One that they did not want to give you full price the same way they gave it to a non-family member.  And two that there are cake decorators out there that still manage to made "s**t" cakes even with all of the information available to do better.

cakeemewithyou Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 7

I am DYING to know what business did the cake but I still haven't gotten the nerve to ask!

Still just sitting over here with my eyebrows raised spooning my delicious buttercream into my mouth cackling loudly at myself.

fdusing Posted 29 Apr 2015 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 7

AHAHAHAH this had me in tears! LOVE it

Frank68 Posted 29 Apr 2015 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 7

I used to get upset over the same things, but it turns out that most of the work I would do for friends and family would be free or just cover my costs. So when it happens now, my back and feet thank me and I just go on to work on full price customers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%