Need Help Mixing Colors To Make Coral Coloring For Gum Paste Flowers

Decorating By dweddings Updated 10 May 2016 , 12:11am by Julie7349

dweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dweddings Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 4

I need to mix colors to make coral gum paste flowers & to outline white flowers. Have not been able to find gel or paste coral color. Does anyone know what colors I would need to mix my own coral coloring?   I would also use  petal or luster dust to make coral to paint the flowers. Thank you for any help you can give me.

3 replies
BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

I find this post from www.sweetsugarbelle.com to be very helpful when I don't have a specific gel paste in my collection.  (Like when I was trying to match a baby shower invitation...)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 4

coral could be yellow + red

or pink + yellow + a tad of red

or yellow + orange

or peach + red

Julie7349 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie7349 Posted 10 May 2016 , 12:11am
post #4 of 4

I had the same struggle recently. Wilton terracotta gel paste icing color makes a really nice coral color. Just start out little by little until you get the coral shade you want. Also I had some plain white gumpaste roses that I wanted to tint Coral as well. I was able to achieve that after a lot of struggle. And what I ended up doing was three colors. I did a base coat of CK products cream colored petal dust all over the entire Rose. And then I did a mixture of CK products petal dust of apricot and old Rose petal dust. And I got a really nice Coral color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%