Northern Ireland Home Bakers

Business By markanderson83 Updated 14 Apr 2015 , 7:02pm by Jeanlucille

markanderson83 Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all, this is my first post here but will not be my last and I have searched for some answers to my question but I am unable to find any.  This is for any people who run a cake business from their homes in Northern Ireland.

For a year now I have been doing cakes.  I started by doing one for my daughter and after that I got asked by a lady if I could do a cake for her son.  After this the whole thing kind of snowballed as I am now currently doing at least one cake a week, sometimes I have had 3 or 4 orders for a week.  I haven't advertised anywhere and all my cakes have been through word of mouth.  I haven't advertised as I do not want to get in trouble with any authorities or the Council or anything like that for running a business from my home as I never really intended on starting a business and see it more of just a hobby. However, recently I have been thinking that I would maybe like to start advertising or to set up a Facebook page. 

What I would like to know from anyone that lives in Northern Ireland that has set up a home cake business is what do I need to do in order to start advertising so that everything is in order with the local Councils or authorities.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply
Jeanlucille Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 2

I'm in Southern Ireland so rules won't be the same but basics are health board approval , insurance & registering for tax. Good luck 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%