When Do You Put A Flower Pic Into The Fondant?

Decorating By cat_h Updated 13 Apr 2015 , 10:21pm by -K8memphis

cat_h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat_h Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I'm making a fountain spray topper for a cake and despite a couple of hours asking the internet, I cannot find when I should insert the flower (posy) pic into the fondant. Should I do it as soon as I've covered the cake or once it's set a little (or a lot!)?

I'm thinking I've been looking for too long now and that's why I'm starting to really worry about it, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

TIA

Cat

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 3

an important question to answer is how will the cake be stored -- i store mine in the fridge so i already know how my flowers or any decor will fair in there -- so you can apply your decor anytime -- but if it will fall off or clank together and break during delivery you need to fasten it down well or place it after delivery -- if the client is picking it up you completely box the cake and fasten down the decor so it travels perfectly for them

best to you -- no worrying :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 3

an important question to answer is how will the cake be stored -- i store mine in the fridge so i already know how my flowers or any decor will fair in there -- so you can apply your decor anytime -- but if it will fall off or clank together and break during delivery you need to fasten it down well or place it after delivery -- if the client is picking it up you completely box the cake and fasten down the decor so it travels perfectly for them

best to you -- no worrying :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%