For Those Trying To Search For Images

Decorating By pastrypet Updated 17 Apr 2015 , 10:34pm by pastrypet

pastrypet Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 8

Here's a suggestion for those looking for ideas for cakes. Go to Google. Search for _______ (giraffe, wisteria, birthday, poppy, etc.) cakes. When you get the results, click on the images section. Alternatively, when you go to Google, at the upper right of the page (at least on my desktop computer), you can click on Images. Then put in your search terms.

If you only want pictures of cakes that are on Cake Central, do this: When you get your search results, look at the upper right corner. There is a "gear" icon. Click on that and choose Advanced Search. Look down the page until you see "site or domain." Then put in " www.cakecentral.com" and hit the  "Advanced Search" button. Your results will be only images that are on CC.

7 replies
pastrypet Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 8

P.S. You can search for anything else on CC the same way: Do a Google search and in Advanced Search use CC as the domain.

pastrypet Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 8

See, now this really ticks me off. I explained how to find an image on CC and my original post is blank!

I'm not going to type it all out againin detail , but the gist was use Google to search, choose Images. In order to limit it to Cake Central images, click on the gear (upper right), choose Advanced Search, and where it says "site or domain" put in "www.cakecentral.com."

Pastrybaglady Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you Pastrypet!   I saw your first post and then it magically disappeared.  Weird.

LeanneW Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 4:45am
post #5 of 8

I have reported this bug. @pastrypet I will contact you for a few details.

Leanne

pastrypet Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 8

@LeanneW

I have no details. I typed the post. Posted it. It went blank while I was composing the second post.

pastrypet Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 8

@LeanneW

I have no details. I typed the post. Posted it. It went blank while I was composing the second post.

pastrypet Posted 17 Apr 2015 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 8

Oh great. now it's duplicating my posts. Good grief. Going back into hiding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%