By Far The Worst Thing I Have Ever Done, Business Wise And Personal. I Feel Like A Toad.

Business By lisatipperoo Updated 14 Apr 2015 , 1:44am by lisatipperoo

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 4

I just have to vent because I am so angry at myself. I forgot to deliver someone's cake yesterday. OMG I was mortified. I had the cake all finished, it's just that I didn't check the date and I was determined in my head that the cake wasn't due for one more day. When I got home, I noticed that the customer had messaged me wondering where I was. I feel like a heel. I apologized profusely; she didn't say anything mean to me at all, she was very courteous. I apologized again this morning and I told her that although I now it in no way compensates for my mistake, her next two cakes would be free, no time limit on the offer. I know she won't take me up on the offer because she was a new customer (although I wish that she would). I haven't heard back from her. The worst part? It was her baby's first birthday.  :-( I've revamped my cake order system so that I won't make the same mistake again. Ever. 

I'm not looking for sympathy, just looking to vent. I feel terrible and only other fellow cakers could understand. Has anyone done something this terrible before or is it just me? 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

yeah i forgot to even do a cake once -- i'm still cringing and that was 30+ years ago --

then one time the 70 year old bride forgot to tell me they moved the time earlier in the day a few hours and it was embarrassing to bring the cake in so late and i gave her a cross look and i hate myself for taking it out on her with a mean look -- 

it happens 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 4

Yep, once.  I delivered the cake to the venue where there was an event gong on.  Just not my event . . .

I took it to her home (a day late) and she said her teenaged sons would devour it.  (half sheet cake.)

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 1:44am
post #4 of 4

Thank you girls. I don't know why hearing other people's misfortunes makes me feel better, but sadly, it does. I guess it was just one of those days where I wanted to go back to bed and wake up with another chance to do it right. The best thing I can do is not let it happen again. I still keep cringing though. :-(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%