Friday Night Cake Club For 4/10/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 12 Apr 2015 , 9:18pm by Nadiaa

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 3:53am
post #1 of 16

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their weeks, photos of their work, ask for help if needed or provide help if you can!

Cat

15 replies
catlharper Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 4:00am
post #2 of 16

Hi everyone!

Sorry it's late tonight. My son started with his second baseball team so it pushes Friday Nights late for us! Here is the Batman Cake I was telling you all about!

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3336345/lego-batman-birthday-cake

My grandson is crazy about Lego Batman so it's definitely going to be a hit with him. Everything is edible, including Batman. The party is tomorrow night so I'll take more photos with the decorations around it so you guys can all see it!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 6:52am
post #3 of 16

What a great looking Batman, Cat!  I'm sure your grandson and his friends are gonna love it!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 7:35am
post #4 of 16

Hello Cat,

I tried to check in a couple of weeks ago but didn't find a post.

Been busy as usual.  Last weekend I had a 3D Ninja Turtle cake.  I was pleased how it turned out and so was the birthday boy. I used a 50/50 modeling clay & fondant combo for the first time.  It was a challenge.

This week I have tons of chocolate covered apples.  I already shipped the Olaf Snowman to New Orleans and the customer contacted me to say she received them and was super happy with them.

Tonight I am working on the 75 going to the Bronx NY for a wedding next week. 

I also did a small Cinderella Coach which I don't think I posted, that one was for a little girl that lives in my complex.

And lastly I made these Elsa cupcakes. The topper is her face with a buttercream braid.

Hope I can post them all correctly, Have gotten so confused with the new changes. lol

catlharper Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 16

@auntginn  As far as I know I haven't missed a night except when they were doing maintainance to CC and had it shut down for a few days. That may be when you are talking about.

I love all of your cakes! But the apples are my favorite! I'm dying to do a Coach and am trying to talk my granddaughter into that for her birthday theme this year! LOL! But your accent on the Elsa cupcake toppers is pure genius! SO perfect!

I know it's Spring and a busy weekend but hope to see others here this weekend too!

Cat

auntginn Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 16

Thank you Cat.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 16

I love your Batman cake Cat! It turned out really nice :)

I made a Bubble Guppies themed birthday cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3336388/bubble-guppies-cake

I'm also completing another order of cake pops, sugar cookies and chocolate covered oreos right now! I'll post pics later.

And tonight I'll be meeting the one and only Cake Boss! I'm so nervous but also very excited!!

catlharper Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 7:50pm
post #9 of 16

@SweetShop5  Very cute Guppies cake! The show is very popular with the youngsters in this family!

SO excited for you being able to meet the Cake Boss! How every cool!

Cat

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 12:25am
post #10 of 16

I made my own birthday cake again (curse of being the cake decorator in the family) and I really like how it turned out :) It's a butter pound cake with fresh strawberry filling and a SMBC, surrounded by ladyfingers and topped with fresh berries. Sooo yummy :)

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3336448/fresh-fruit-cake

catlharper Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 4:51am
post #11 of 16

Oh! @Naivohw  That looks totally YUMMY! I just love making my own cake! You have no one to please but yourself and you can experiment however you please and if it doesn't turn out it's ok 'cause you are the client! LOL!  Happy Birthday!

Cat

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 5:39am
post #12 of 16

I made a gravity defying cake this week. Loved making it, it was my first one. 

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3336447/gravity-defying-cake

I've been away for ages! But I've been busy cake making and being a mum so I'll try and pop in more often to see what you're all up to :)

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 2:20pm
post #13 of 16

So here are my Disney's Frozen themed sugar cookies, cake pops and chocolate covered Oreos!

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3336495/frozen-themed-sugar-cookies-cake-pops-chocolate-covered-oreos

And for those who want to see, my picture with Cake Boss from last night :)

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11130207_473526632798183_7459720050223796789_n.jpg?oh=759e8234ccb8c7e0092c853cdf7cbbfd&oe=55B03916

I got to show him some of my cakes, and he told me they were amazing. He's extremely down to earth and so nice. I wish I could do it all over again!

auntginn Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 3:47pm
post #14 of 16

Awesome work everyone.

Hope you all have a great Sunday and a good week ahead.

catlharper Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 3:58pm
post #15 of 16

@Nadiaa LOVE your cake! I have never tried to do one of those...are they hard?

@SweetShop5  Love the Frozen stuff! How fun you got to meet Buddy! Cute photo too!

Cat

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 9:18pm
post #16 of 16

Cat, if I didn't have the help of my hubby I'd never have been able to do it. He built the structure inside the cake and worked out the dimensions etc. He's great at stuff like that - and I'm not! So we make a good team :) The rest of it wasn't very hard at all, you just do each step at a time. Covering the little cup in fondant to make the jug was probably the hardest bit. It was just fiddly. But not too bad. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%