Louis Vuitton Cake

Decorating By alannalouisexo Updated 10 Apr 2015 , 11:52am by alannalouisexo

alannalouisexo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alannalouisexo Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 10:14am
post #1 of 5

Hi guys, first time asking a question on here!

I'm no profession baker, just do it as a hobby for friends and family (I'll upload photos at a later date)

I have been asked to do a Louis Vuitton hand bag cake, you know the brown and gold pattern, What is the best way to decorate the cake with the pattern?

I thought about printing the pattern onto edible paper, then attaching it to the cake? But I don't think it will look very neat... I've read about people hand painting the design which scares me!!

Any help is hugely appreciated :)  

4 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 11:14am
post #2 of 5

Before anything, Louis Vuitton is a brand and copying the logo is illegal if you make money out of it.

So, I guess you don't get paid for the cake...?

I would cover the carved and iced bag with brown fondant and use gold luster dust mixed with vodka into a paste and hand paint the logo onto the fondant. It's a simple logo, that's the fastest way.

If you are nervous about the painting, make a stencil out of a plastic sheet, basically cutting out the logo/ the space that will be painted. Hold the sheet against the cake and brush with gold, carefully peeling of the sheet afterwards.

alannalouisexo Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 11:17am
post #3 of 5

No no, it's for a close friend so it is her birthday present from me :)

I thought about making a stencil, cause then I'll know the pattern will be uniform and straight. I'll have to make the stencil and see how it turns out. I thought about placing the design under a sheet of plastic, piping the design with royal icing then attaching it to the cake? I think this will be quite fiddly though.

Thank you for your reply :) 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 11:42am
post #4 of 5

Ya...sounds fiddly to me too. I mean you could look into transfer techniques but don't think that's necessary.

I work alot with stencils cause of my OCD, lol, but hey, it's Louis Vuitton and not a Michelangelo!!

Would try on a piece of fondant first, just to get the hang of it. Am sure you'll manage.

alannalouisexo Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 11:52am
post #5 of 5

I'm very picky when it comes to decorating, other people don't notice but I do lol. I will definitely try the stencil technique and practice heaps :)

Thanks again!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%