Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By paulaab1993 Updated 10 Apr 2015 , 1:41pm by paulaab1993

paulaab1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulaab1993 Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 4:38am
post #1 of 3

Hi guys im from Colombia, im new at this and this is my very first post. I really need help with this one! Im making a wedding cake for 60 persons. It's going to be a three tiered cake filled with chocolate mousse and decorated with fondant (btw i make it myself and i've never refrigerated it). The thing is that it's supposed to travel to another city and I need the couple to keep it safe until the wedding (36 hours after delivery) should them refrigerate it even if it's already decorated with fondant and gum paste? Or is it better to keep it outside? Would the mousse be ok in that case? Thank you for all your help :)

2 replies
goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodvibrations Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 5:25am
post #2 of 3

I always refrigerate my fondant cakes with no poblems. Not yet anyway. They travel better after being refrigerated. I tell my customers to keep the cake in the box as long as possible to control condensation issues. I've never done a mousse filling but it seems like it would need to be refrigerated.

paulaab1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulaab1993 Posted 10 Apr 2015 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks good vibrations, i´ve decided to make an experiment and refrigerate my fondant and find out what happens. Hoppefully it works! Thanks for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%