Baking Bacon In The Oven

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 13 Apr 2015 , 12:25am by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 12:01am
post #31 of 35

it took about 5 minutes to boil the water out -- i used one slice cut in half in a little skillet -- it took about another 5 minutes of tending and turning the fire down and messing with it -- and it was nice & crispy but a lot of my time was involved messing with it after the water boiled out and it was not any different than oven baked or regular pan fired to me and i had a ton of bacon grease leftover -- i guess that means i didn't boil it in enough water but i covered it with water as he said -- 

we like to get country pork ribs then we boil them till they're done and grill them for the smokey flavor -- so next time i do bacon in the oven i will boil a couple pieces in an abundance of water like i do the ribs to test it again and then fish it out and bake it and see how it does -- i'm thinking perhaps just another un-necessary step but i'll try it again -- the best part of the oven way is no tending --

not looking favorable...to be continued

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 12:05am
post #32 of 35

Good heavens.....we are all to be applauded for 'leaning in and taking one for the team'!!  the things that we do for the science of baking. 

ps: I've got my batch of thin cut bacon in the oven right now.

MBalaska Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 12:05am
post #33 of 35
MBalaska Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 12:10am
post #34 of 35

SUCCESS!  WooHoo.......... I put that 'thin' cut bacon on the foil, on the sheet pan, put it in the oven, turned the temp up to 425 f. and set the timer for 30 minutes.   success.   nicely browned, crispy, crunchy, tasty baked bacon without the stove top mess.  Guess who's having BLT's for dinner.....  You guys are so fun to "forum" with (can I use forum as a verb?)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2015 , 12:25am
post #35 of 35

yes if you pass me some bacon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%