S'more Pops For A Crowd

Sugar Work By Sammy95 Updated 7 Sep 2015 , 1:59am by Sammy95

Sammy95 Posted 8 Apr 2015 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 4

For my son's bar mitzvah, I've been in put charge of making about 300 items that would be recognizable as s'more pops. This is for a summer-camp-themed party. I've looked up recipes and technique on-line but I have some technical questions and thought this might be a good forum. Here goes: (1) I need to make these a week in advance. I'm assuming in order to make sure the marshmallows don't dry out, I need to coat the entire marshmallow with something. What do you think? (2) Should I coat it with tempered chocolate or just a chocolate candy coating that I melt but don't temper? I could also coat it with with candy coating and then later dip just the top in tempered chocolate, but that additional step seems like it's not worth the effort. (3) What's the best way to get the graham cracker crumbs I purchased in an enormous bag at Restaurant Depot onto the candy -- dip or sprinkle? Any advice for this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. -- Sam

3 replies
leah_s Posted 8 Apr 2015 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 4

I've done this:

Skewer the marshmallow.

Dip it in melted candy coating.

Roll in graham cracker crumbs.

They last a long time.

Sammy95 Posted 18 Apr 2015 , 11:08am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your response. Put together 240 of them last night. They look great though they're not going to win any awards for their taste. I did exactly as you wrote above w the additional step of dipping the end of the skewer 

Sammy95 Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 1:59am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%