ahmommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:28pm
post #1 of

Does anyone know how long this can be left at room temp when used as a filling?? The ingredients are butter, cream cheese, sugar, and frozen strawberries. I want to use this in the bottom layer of a 3-tiered b-day cake. Last weekend when I did my 1st 3-tiered cake I had a major disaster (see 50th anniversary cake disaster in forum) and I am scared to stack the cakes the morning of the party. Our party starts at 12:30 and is for my baby's 1st b-day. This is the 1st time many people will be seeing one of my cakes, so I want it to be perfect, of course. I would love to put the cakes together the night before just in case I have to fix something. I have seen cream cheese icing left at room temp before, but I just don't want to make anyone sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 replies
ahmommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:45pm
post #2 of

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dailey Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:57pm
post #3 of

i've used this type of filling in the past and have left it out with no problems. the only difference is i usually used strawberry preserves. but cream cheese and butter by themselves can be left at room temperature.

ahmommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:46pm
post #4 of

Thank you so much. I don't think it will hurt to leave it out for 14 hours (at least I hope). Is it good with the preserves????

dailey Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 11:29pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmommy

Thank you so much. I don't think it will hurt to leave it out for 14 hours (at least I hope). Is it good with the preserves????

its very good with the preserves, i usually buy the all-fruit kind with no additional sugars, i think it has a "cleaner" taste. i usually leave it at room temp. for a couple days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%