Detra Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm
post #1 of

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to cake decorating. I've been browsing all the forums and I have a quick question. If you have a licensed home inspected kitchen by the DOA are you also required to obtain a business license? I'm in Virginia. I don't have any interest in decorating cakes full time or starting a business, but I do enjoy decorating and would like to sell a few here and there (when my skills are better) for persons that asks me to decorate a cake for them. I've read all the legality forum topics so I understand getting the home inspection done is very important... but what about the business license? Do you need one for a small money making hobby?

Any information would be great!

3 replies
Erlyns_Treats Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:45am
post #2 of

I would really like to know this too but in Ca.... TIA

tincanbaby Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 11:00am
post #3 of

Contact both: your County and State offices for licenses/permits. They will tell you what is required for your situation.

moydear77 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:57pm
post #4 of

I have heard that for Virginia you have it pretty easy. I think that you can use your own kitchen and the cost is not that much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%