Hydrangias

Decorating By katskreations Updated 28 Sep 2005 , 4:12am by bikegal

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 7

Is there anyone who can tell me what hydrangia flowers look like? I have a request for white roses and blue hydrangia flowers on a wedding cake for 75-100 people. I think hydrangias are big ball shaped flowers, but am not sure. If they are, how can I make them and how would they look on a wedding cake???
Kat

6 replies
TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 7

Here's a picture... If you do a image search on google you'll get a bunch of different pictures.
LL

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 7

I did a small wedding cake for about 60 people with real hydrangea flowers. It was two squares stacked and I used whole flowers and leaves and some petals strewn around the cake and table. It was really nice (no pic though icon_cry.gif ) There was no problem with anything because I didnt stick the flowers into the cake just set them on top.

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 24 Sep 2005 , 5:05am
post #4 of 7

Hi kats,
Are these for gumpaste hydrangeas? I saw the hydrangea cutters on the sugarcraft website today if you're looking for some. I used to be a floral designer and live hydrangeas were a seasonal spring/summer flower if I recall. Not sure if that has changed or not if so just ignore my floral info. icon_smile.gif

bikegal

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, I was looking for info on icing hydrangias. I think I heard that the live ones were not safe to put on a cake. Thanks.

heavenlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlycakes Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 7

I do gumpaste Hydrangea flowers on my cakes all the time - take a look if you want. There are some close ups of them in my photos also.

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 4:12am
post #7 of 7

kats,

Just wanted to let you know that hydrangeas are not poisonous. Though if eaten in large quantities your heart rate will skyrocket. icon_smile.gif If you just place them on your cake you should be fine.

bikegal

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%