White Wine Cake With Raspberry Filling

Baking By kolabe79 Updated 7 Apr 2015 , 7:13pm by BakerBlackCat

kolabe79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kolabe79 Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hello

I am trying to find a good recipe for white wine cake with raspberry filling from scratch, but so far didn't have any luck.

Majority recipes are made from a cake mix, and ones I found that are from scratch, do not taste that good.

If any of you have a good recipe, please help and share.

Thank you!!!

3 replies
oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 4

Do you have a favorite white cake recipe that you use?  When creating different flavors, I often substitute the liquids out... and add to the dry ingredients of my go-to white cake recipe.  So basically, in lieu of the milk that I normally use, I would do half milk, half wine, or all wine depending on how strong I want the flavor to be.

This method has worked for me every time, and I have come up with quite a few different flavors.

Good luck!

kolabe79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kolabe79 Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for reply!! Yes I do have white cake recipe that I love. But never tried your method as you described. Need to try that.  I used prosecco and the taste wasn't right. I want to use moscato wine next time, just to see how it works with the flavor profile.

Do you use sweet or savory wine?

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 4

I haven't tried a white wine cake yet (or any other wine cake, for that matter), but I do have a fruit filling that has been coming out fairly well.  I use this recipe for Blackberry Preserves from Juniper Cakery, and I've made it with frozen raspberries instead of fresh, and it comes out beautifully, though you do need to strain it (it doesn't include that step in the recipe).  It makes about 15 ounces or so of filling.

Blackberry Preserve by Juniper Cakery

200g berries (blackberries, raspberries, etc.)

2 tbsp lemon juice

200g baking sugar

2 tbsp water

1. In a saucepan add the lemon juice, water, blackberries and sugar and bring to the boil on a medium/high heat.
  2. Stir regularly.
  3. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer until the blackberries have broken down, the sugar has dissolved and the liquid has reduced at least 25%.
  4. Test by scooping some preserve out with a tablespoon, leave to chill for 2-5 minutes remove and push some of the preserve from the middle of the spoon... if you can see a 'skin' buckle when the jam is pushed the preserve is ready!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%