Cake Success!

Baking By cakeemewithyou Updated 9 Apr 2015 , 1:56pm by cakeemewithyou

cakeemewithyou Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 9

I have baked since I was 12, naturally it comes to me. The making it pretty part has been a real challenge. I have always chosen taste over looks. I am saying all this because it has been absolutely insane how far I have come with my piping skills over the last year! I wish I knew how to post photos. Anyway, I just wanted someone to celebrate with me. I delivered my first wedding cake yesterday and it just made me feel so empowered and I don't know that I've ever been more proud of myself! I got raving feedback on it, and I could not be more pleased. 

Snaps for me!

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 9

there's no high like a 'cake high' -- congratualtions! 

and to post a pic there's instructions up on the purple banner under the cc logo  ?  help

or you can post a link -- and others have copied & pasted after posting to the cc gallery

so happy for you!

Jinkies Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 9

Celebrating with you!  All the hard work paid off, great job!!

cakeemewithyou Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 9

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3335995/rose-ruffle-wedding-cake

I uploaded it here. lol I know it's not the greatest, but it is SOOO much better than when I started.

Jedi Knight Posted 7 Apr 2015 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 9

Mazel tov!

shaloop Posted 8 Apr 2015 , 2:07am
post #6 of 9

I consider myself a baker as well (not a decorator).  I feel I've been pulled into decorating. I enjoy it, but it's stressful. If I could make as much money just doing dessert cakes I'd be happy as a lark!

nirvana.h.y Posted 8 Apr 2015 , 9:47am
post #7 of 9

Congrats  You deserve it

MBalaska Posted 8 Apr 2015 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 9

Quote by @cakeemewithyou on 2 days ago

..... Anyway, I just wanted someone to celebrate with me. I delivered my first wedding cake yesterday and it just made me feel so empowered and I don't know that I've ever been more proud of myself! I got raving feedback on it, and I could not be more pleased. ..........

Congratulations @cakeemewithyou  Wishing you much more success in the future.  A pretty cake that taste fabulous is a big winner anyday.

cakeemewithyou Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%