Cupcake Sale

Baking By Kigans25 Updated 6 Apr 2015 , 5:58pm by Pastrybaglady

Kigans25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kigans25 Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 1:34am
post #1 of 6

I was wondering what people think about selling gormet cupcakes for $4. Some people think that's a little pricey but they are all homemade. Homemade cake, filling and frosting. Need some feedback 

5 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:36am
post #2 of 6

I don't know where you are, but I would love getting 4$ for a cupcake! If people are willing to pay that price, go for it by all means!

There is no rule for how much you can charge. Personally, I would nit pay 48$ for a dozen cupcakes, but that's just me opinion.

And what do you mean by "gourmet"? Do you include any super fancy expensive stuff?

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 6:05am
post #3 of 6

Where I live a typically good filled cupcake is about $3.00.  You could get that if the cupcakes were substantially bigger or have a unique decoration.  What are you planning  to do?

Kigans25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kigans25 Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 6

They are bigger than normal cupcakes. I found these liners that don't stick and are bigger than normal liners. I'm in Minnesota selling cupcakes to raise money to hopefully become Miss Teen Minnesota. Flavors are Monster Cookie Dough, Butterfinger, Raspberry Lemonade, Oreo, and Samoa

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 6

How much do they cost you to make? Around my area, $3 is a bit pricy, unless you're talking a jumbo muffin for two. If you charge $3-$4 a piece, you could make it little bit cheaper per cupcake if they buy a dozen (make sure you're still making a profit though). But it depends on your area (upscale, welfare, retirees, etc). Check out your local bakeries for starters (most have prices on their website too).

You could also have a donation jar that says something clever, like save the calories. Good luck with the fundraising!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 6

Quote by @craftybanana2 on 1 hour ago

You could also have a donation jar that says something clever, like save the calories. Good luck with the fundraising!

^^^ Now that is GENIUS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%