Fondant Painted Cookie

Baking By sterlingdecor Updated 6 Apr 2015 , 6:02pm by sterlingdecor

sterlingdecor Posted 5 Apr 2015 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 9

Curious about freezing cookie covered in stenciled fondant.  The cookies will be dried over night and then frozen for two months.   Thoughts anyone ?

8 replies
Rabzini Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 9

will it still taste the same after two months

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 9

thaw them slowly/gradually  -- i'd test this to see if they weep upon thawing -- plus in two months it would be a completely different weather pattern around here in tennessee so keep that in mind too -- what is your stenciling medium? royal?

Rabzini Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 9

ah okay and hmmm yeah I prefer royal, what do you use to stencil ?

sterlingdecor Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 9

stencil medium is luster dust mixed with lemon extract on a monogram 

Rabzini Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 9

sounds really good

sterlingdecor Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 9

they taste great and look nice but just hope they will stay that way until my sons wedding.  Mixed satin ice with white molding chocolate and monogramed a script upper case letter on top

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 9

i'm a freak about not freezing already decorated things although i've done it myself -- i even froze my own wedding cake 36 years ago before serving it --  but your cookies really should be fine -- it's a control thing with me -- really the only time it caused a problem is when i took it from the freezer into room temp -- instead of putting it in the fridge overnight first --

me, i would remove the wrapping immediately and brush off any frost that formed before it can melt -- then cover them in dry wrappings -- but if you test it in the meantime you should know what you're up against --

i think you should be fine -- let us all know how it goes -- and you're right to check things off your list as early as possible -- best to you and happy wedding day!

sterlingdecor Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 9

tkanks for the vote of confidence.  Will let you know how everything goes...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%