Babyshower- New York Giants Theme

Decorating By melysa Updated 27 Jan 2007 , 3:17am by jescapades

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:35am
post #1 of 12

the family is having a boy and has always joked about their son being with the ny giants someday.

cake ideas? tiered or 3-d or even cupcakes...i dont like to do sheet cakes.

11 replies
katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 6:49am
post #2 of 12

You can do a reg. round cake covered in fondant (I watch Ace of Cakes too much-i love fun cakes) then mold a chubby baby out of fondant or gumpast and have him sitting on his butt in a diaper wearing the Jersy and holding the batt sucking his thumb. Oooh, and wearing the hat! I don't have a clue if you would want to do that but it would be adorable!

melysa Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 6:57am
post #3 of 12

covering in fondant, i can do...but i've decided i dont like molding people. i am thinking of choc transfers or fondant cut outs....probably two tier.

another thought was to carve a jersey/ onsie out of a sheet cake and cover in fondant....team colors with a number and the boys name. maybe mini cupcakes with choc transfer footballs?

cant decide. hmm...

i thought the giants were baseball at first too...but its football.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 6:57am
post #4 of 12

I had great fun doing this baby boy shower cake for an Oakland A's fan. The mitt is fondant, the baby 50/50 paste using a First impressions mold for the baby.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShirleyW&cat=0&pos=23

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShirleyW&cat=0&pos=22

katy625 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:01am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

covering in fondant, i can do...but i've decided i dont like molding people. i am thinking of choc transfers or fondant cut outs....probably two tier.

another thought was to carve a jersey/ onsie out of a sheet cake and cover in fondant....team colors with a number and the boys name. maybe mini cupcakes with choc transfer footballs?

cant decide. hmm...

i thought the giants were baseball at first too...but its football.

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY husband would kill me if he just saw that! Duuurrr.....My mind totally was on baseball!!! Wow! I like the Jersey Idea. That would be cute to have his name on the back!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:02am
post #6 of 12

You thought the Giants were football? I am sending Barry Bonds out to talk to you! icon_lol.gif Our football team in San Franscisco are the 49ers.

melysa Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 7:04am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I had great fun doing this baby boy shower cake for an Oakland A's fan. The mitt is fondant, the baby 50/50 paste using a First impressions mold for the baby.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShirleyW&cat=0&pos=23

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShirleyW&cat=0&pos=22

great detailing, i love the hat. i havent had luck with molding. i did one good one, but then it all went down hill from there! so' i've made up my mind that i wont be doing any of that icon_wink.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 12

when I see Giants, I think football too - NY Giants, of course.

katy625 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

I think we've all gone a little nuts! hehehehe!! She IS actually talking about NY Giants Football team! I was thinking of Baseball (yankees)!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif OOps!

melysa Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:09pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy625

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

I think we've all gone a little nuts! hehehehe!! She IS actually talking about NY Giants Football team! I was thinking of Baseball (yankees)!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif OOps!

when i see GIANTS, i think of green broccoli...go figure.

ok, any more ideas? ya know, i got to thinking, if i made a onsie jersey with a number (10-manning seems to be big) and the boys name on it, it would have to be the back view right? i want to do the front view because i thought it would look cuter tohave a little tag at the neckline, the v neck and the little snaps at the bottom (silver luster dust- got to find a way to use it on everything!) ...so do you think it would look stupid to have the number, the name and GIANTS on the front? these people i am sure would know that it is not accurate, but would they think, gee...she got it all wrong? just a thought.

oh yeah, i am confused on the jersey colors. they have home , away, authentic, ,replica and something else. so many different ones i dont know which is the best to use. i want the one that everyone will look at and say- oh! the ny giants!

katy625 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 2:08am
post #11 of 12

The Jersey on the front page of the NYGiants website is the one I always notice. I know that they recently changed it to White with red stripes but I have always known them as blue.

http://www.giants.com/

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:17am
post #12 of 12

i am a huge (read: HUGE!) giants fan. maybe i can help?

the giants' nickname is big blue. their jerseys are blue, white and red and their away jerseys are white and red. manning (#10) is the qb, but he's not very well-liked among some giants fans. tiki barber (#21) is very popular, but he is retiring. jeremy shockey (#80) is also very popular, but he also has a bit of an attitude (ie, we call him 'cocky shockey'). plaxico burress (#17) is an up-and-comer, and so is osi umenyiora (#72).

how about a football shaped cake with a baby bonnet on it? i know you said you don't like doing sheet cakes, but you could make one into a football field and go from there with 3-ds or something.

good luck. i would LOVE to see what you come up with. maybe you can send pics to the giants site too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%