Fondant Flowers On Naked Cake

Decorating By prettiesrach Updated 1 Apr 2015 , 10:37pm by Sim108

prettiesrach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettiesrach Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All,

I'm making a naked cake for my sister's wedding and I have no idea how to stick the fondant flowers and succulents on her cake. I need help! I already made them and they are dry. Not sure how to attach them if there is no fondant covering or coating. 

Please help! 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

Use hollow coffee stirrers or drink straws.  Insert the straw in then add the flowers.

If your flowers don't have wires then you will have to use some type of icing to attach them.  Probably the easiest to fix up would be stirring a bit of water or flavoring into powdered sugar until it is the consistency of thick mud.  Otherwise make up a small batch of icing like royal or buttercream.  You also can use pieces of fondant but I'm not sure how well that will hold on a naked cake.

prettiesrach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettiesrach Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

Do you think since there is no covering, I wouldn't be able to cascade them down the side of the cake? Basically, it's a 3 tier cake with 4 layers on each tier. I'm not sure it will hold up well. Would white chocolate work? I just don't want the succulents tearing down the sides of the cake. 

Sim108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sim108 Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 4

I know this is not exactly the same( she uses fruit) but you get a little help from this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%